print without choosing printer

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jan 27 23:03:50 EST 2005

On 1/27/05 8:10 PM, Paul Kocsis wrote:

> I can't print (on XP) without the printer being chosen via the printer
> dialog (either using answer printer or utilizing revShowPrintDialog).

The plain old "print card" command used to do this. Don't open printing
first, just issue a "print card" command without doing anything else. It
is supposed to send the card image to the default printer.

I'm not sure what happened a couple of years ago, but it stopped working
for me in OS X. I haven't tried it on XP but you might have better luck
there. In OS X, calling "print card" without first opening printing or
using "answer printer" turns off the print queue.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com