Random #'s

Éric Chatonet eric.chatonet at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jan 27 10:20:01 EST 2005

Hi Dwayne,

put GenerateRandom(6,10) -- the right parameters in your case

function GenerateRandom pHowMuchNumbers,pRange
   local tRangeList
   -----
   repeat until the number of lines of tRangeList = pHowMuchNumbers
     set the randomSeed to random(100000)
     put random(pRange) into pNum
     if pNum is not among the lines of tRangeList then put pNum & cr
after tRangeList
   end repeat
   delete char -1 of tRangeList
   return tRangeList
end GenerateRandom

Hope this helps.

Le 27 janv. 05, à 11:34, "D.Rothe" <drothe at optusnet.com.au> a écrit :

> Hi All,
> I am using the following code to generate a field of 6 random numbers.
>
> repeat 5 times --generate list of 5 random numbers between 1-10
> put random(10) & "," after tRnum
> end repeat
> delete last char of tRnum --delete last comma
> put tRnum into fld "numbers"
>
> this works fine but some numbers are repeated in the field, e.g
> (1,2,3,1,5)
> How can I include only unique numbers?
>
> Cheers......Dwayne

Amicalement,