Web database suggestions

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Tue Jan 25 10:43:44 EST 2005

I'm looking for a simple solution for storing and accessing data on a
hosted server. Initially, the database need hold only about 1000
records, containing simple contact information (15 fields). Reading and
writing data is the main purpose... only a small amount of searching
need take place. Access will be directly from a Rev application (not a
browser or html file). Suggestions?

I've been experimenting with placing a simple text file on the server
and accessing it as if it was a local file, using lines like:

     put line 1 of url "ftp://myaddress.com/data.txt" into var1

This seems to work reasonably well for testing purposes, but access
time is rather slow (even through a broadband connection) and the file
seems prone to corruption. Comments?

Thanks.
Richard Miller
Imprinter Technologies