Cannot access Rev-Online (was RAD Challenge)

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Mon Jan 24 14:10:56 EST 2005

Richard and Kevin and Xavier,

Even though we are not in the medical industry, many of our products are
used in medical and pharmaceutical applications. Internet security is a
very high priority for us. We may be the only customer of Runtime who has
this requirement. It is not a developer design issue because we must
authenticate for any internet URL via any out of the box browser (Internet
Explorer, Mozilla, Firefox, Safari, etc.). I have proven that it CAN work
for our firewall conditions if the USER:PASS@ is simply passed along in
the URL. How difficult would it be to add that as a preference item. If it
is empty, put empty into it's variable, else populate it and everything
works for me, for my colleagues, and also for everyone else who may work
in a less restricted environment.

I do this for all the apps that I create and they work fine inside or
outside the firewall. A few of the folks on this list have adopted this
behavior in their software projects (like RevZilla and Scripters
Scrapbook), and those apps work great for me as well as for everyone else.
I asked them NOT to do this just for little ole' me, and they responded
that if it is happening to one person, it is likely there will be others.
So the choice was to include about 5 pro-active lines of code to insure
usability.

My purchase of Revolution was for work. I simply want to use all of it's
functionality while at work, and Rev-Online could be crucial in training
new developers which in turn could increase Runtime's sales of their
product. If we, the users can make it work, why can't/shouldn't it be
integrated into the IDE? The recipe for it's success has already been
proven.

Roger Eller <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com>

>>As major corporations tighten their internet security, RunRev needs to
>>support all authentication methods. As it stands, the learning center is
>>not accessible for me even though we have paid for it with the
Enterprise