The real Challenge for every development platform

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Sun Jan 23 16:06:15 EST 2005

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> Not a complete solution, but at least it doesn't require you to make
> your own cursor:
>
>    set the defaultcursor to 28
>
> Gives the hand, which is built-in. You still get the edit cursor when
> you switch to edit mode. If you work it right, you could use it as a
> teaching concept instead of a detriment.

Thank you for this reminder, Jacque.  Certainly, for my class, that is a
viable option.

But I really don't think it's a viable option for some newcomer who d/l
the trial edition, takes a look at the two cursors, and is thoroughly
frustrated by which one to use and when.

I just think the two cursors are too confusing because they look so much
alike and do very different things.

Judy