OT-distribution to MAC OS 9.1 users

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sun Jan 23 15:54:39 EST 2005

I'm in a pickle... I upgraded a stack that I need to distribute to a
mac user still running OS 9.1. Now, in the meantime, it seems they
inadvertently did housekeeping and trashed their old version of STuffit
Expander... Now there is no compressed format that I know of that I can
use to email them the file or post for download from the net. I usually
use zipped files, but for these old OS users I emailed them .sit files.
  Now they cannot open the .sit files and I cannot find a download for
STuffitExpander 6.5 or 7.03 anywhere on the net. Version tracker's
download links for the old versions are "dead"

I tried just emailing them the .rev file, but though it *appears* to
open fine from my OS 9 standalone splash screen engine, menu items that
should open substacks are not working (the substack doesn't open) which
I can only guess, is due to corruption of the stack in passing through
email uncompressed...

Any clue on how to proceed from here? Meanwhile back to search for some
location on the internet where and old copy of StuffItExpander is still
available.

Or, just email me a copy of STuffitExpander (6.5 or 7) if you have
one...

Thanks!

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications