Office Software

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jan 21 17:56:59 EST 2005

Lynch, Jonathan wrote:
 > Using Rev, most of these types of programs would not be
 > that difficult. I understand that the reason for that
 > is because Rev does most of the hard stuff for you.
 >
 > A spreadsheet, for example, may be complex in terms of
 > defining the cells and such - but if you already have
 > the code worked out for defining a field, it cannot too
 > big of a jump to defining a cell.

Ah, but the devil is in the details.  So many of them in an Office Suite...

 > Think about it - for $65-million, don't you think a team
 > of experienced Rev developers could create a suite that
 > would blow the pants off of MS office?

Heck, me and two friends will do it for $3 million, a huge cost savings
and the highest margins I've ever had. :)

And as RevNet and others demonstrate, AOL could save boatloads of cash
by tossing whatever crippled beast they're currently using to make their
AOL client and using Rev instead.

If you schedule the meeting with Sun or AOL, I'll be there. :)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation