Characters not displaying in a field?

kee nethery kee at kagi.com
Tue Jan 18 21:42:37 EST 2005

On Jan 18, 2005, at 5:06 PM, Mark Smith wrote:

> I believe Rev has a problem displaying more than a certain number of
> characters on one line ie. with no returns...the characters are there,
> but they don't display properly. I don't know what the limit is, but
> clearly < 140000 :(
>
> I have an app that stores long series of numbers, delimited by commas,
> in custom properties. I do this because I have to do a lot of
> calculations using 'item n to n+n' of longSeriesOfNumbers... if I look
> at the custom properties in the inspector, they are displayed wrongly
> or not at all, but the numbers are all there, and my operations on
> them work correctly, so it is just a display issue, I think. This may
> matter or not in what you're doing...

Thank you. My intent is to understand the situation so that if it
occurs, I can notify the user that the data is indeed in the field but
that they cannot view it. Then instruct them to select all, copy, and
paste into a text editor to view the data. I'd like to not have to do
that for all displayed data, just when the situation requires it.

Kee Nethery