Not just Standalone problems

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Mon Jan 17 13:03:54 EST 2005

I would suspect that you still have some pending messages when the
window gets closed. I have three different  single-window apps. When I
run them standalone, they all quit when their only window is closed, on
all three platforms on which they're deployed.

Try this to test the question:

on closeStack
   answer the pendingMessages
end closeStack

If the answer dialog is empty, then this isn't the problem. Otherwise,
hopefully you'll be able to decipher which pending message(s) prevent
your app from quitting as expected.

I would not be a bit surprised, by the way, if the presence of pending
messages is contributing to other aspects of your experience with Rev.
While I occasionally see freezes and crashes in Rev during development,
it's nothing near what you're describing. Perhaps you should reinstall
Rev; maybe something has corrupted part of your environment and is
leading to these frequent bombs. I assure you that even in complex app
development, this is NOT a common occurrence.

Dan