MacWorld part 2

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Sat Jan 15 04:05:02 EST 2005

Yeah, I did a frustrating stint with iconic development as well. It was
the early days of the Mac and some of you may remember a new icon-based
driven database program called "Odesta Helix."

It didn't take too long to figure out dragging icons around on a 512 x
342 resolution screen wasn't going to allow for much complexity-- kind
of a built in governor for keeping procdedures very simple.

After a few frustrating days, I gave up and subsequently thought less of
icon-driven programming. I played around with ProGraph in it's early
days, but at the time, as Dan previously mentioned, the learning curve
was steep and SuperCard had many more features.

-Chipp