MacWorld part 2

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Jan 14 17:40:13 EST 2005

All-

Much more briefly this time, since I've been laid up in bed for the
last couple of days with a cold and accompanying sinus headache which
has unfortunately kept me from even thinking about doing any real work
at the computer.

I dug through the pile of papers that I brought home from the show and
found what I alluded to in the MacWorld expo report. The product is
Marten from andescotia (www.andescotia.com). This is ProGraph finally
brought into the new century. I'm not privy to all the lawyerese that
goes on behind the scenes here, but apparently the IP issues are
pretty serious and they can't (at least) use the ProGraph name. It is
very cute, though, especially at $58. OSX 10.3.3 or better, so it
won't run on any of my ancient hardware (that MacMini is starting look
more attractive). They're planning on marketing it as a hobbyist (read
non professional developer) tool. A single mouse click builds a
double-clickable application, but you can also export the program as C
code (nice touch) for speed.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net