It's alive -- alive !

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 13 18:24:07 EST 2005

Hi gang,

It seems that I had better dispel the rumors about my
untimely demise -- be it the consequence of revolting
clones or simply the bubonic plague.
The fact of the matter is that I had a lot of battles
to fight on multiple fronts, as the past few months
have not been easy on me on both the professional and
the personal level : I had to find a new job and get
adjusted to their business processes, while attending
my evening classes inbetween struggles with bureacracy
and working another part-time consultancy job to make
ends meet.

On a positive note, the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle
that my life had become, are finally coming together
and I am working on tackling my projects once again
and finish the tasks I had set out to do.
And one of these monumental tasks is the 3rd party
report printing system for Revolution that has been in
the works for quite some time.
Normally I wouldn't announce things beforehand, nor
would I show anything before it is finished and
polished, but under the circumstances, I will bring
certain things out in the open.

Most important to the fine people on this list,
Quartam Reports has the top spot on my priority list ;
more information can be found on the
website-under-construction : <http://www.quartam.com>
-- it contains screenshots and technical
documentation, and will be updated as soon as I get to
that item on my to do-list.
Please understand that I will be working on it _in
addition to a full-time job_ so do not expect the
final version in your lap by Monday morning. If all
goes well, the release is in the first quarter of
2005.

Before I head off to bed, I would like to thank
everyone for their concerns about my well-being ; this
Revolution community spirit is a Tremendous Thing that
I'm not the only one to cherish.
For those of you who have written me directly, I would
like to admit that your emails are currently stuck in
a month's worth of inbox material ; I will work my way
through and reply as soon as humanly possible ; but
I'm not quite sure in what order these items will be
handled -- expect the Random factor.

Thank you all once more for the heart-felt concerns
and the encouragement -- I will be up to my old tricks
soon enough, I hope.

All the best,

Jan Schenkel.
----