crash recipe for htmlText?

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon Jan 10 18:32:16 EST 2005

Hi Richard,

I use and set the htmlText prop on most all of my projects and haven't
yet (cross fingers) seen any problems (mostly WinXP).

couple of points:

I generally try and stay consistent with the <p></p> nomenclature for
each line.

I've successfully 'set the htmltext' of a fld to the html in the Google
News page, which currently has more that 70,000 characters without problem.

I'm sure you're one of the best debuggers out there, but here are some
ideas you might try:

- try setting the htmlText of the fld to "" first before setting it to
the new data

- try finding a repeatable recipe for the crash. My guess is create a
repeat loop and keep setting the htmlText until the crash. You might
want to insert a 'wait for 1 second with messages' in the loop. Keep
track where you are before it crashes.

- if you're crashing in the RR IDE, be sure and 'set breakpoints to
empty' - it might also be a problem in MC. I've seen this crash RR
before with complex stacks.

- once you figure out a repeatable recipe, then try to isolate the
problem in a testbed stack.

Hope this helps. If you ever figure it out, please be sure and post your
solution.

best,
Chipp