crash recipe for htmlText?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Jan 10 16:58:57 EST 2005

I'm getting some intermittent hard crashes after setting the htmlText of
a field.  Trying to pin this down, I have a script that repeated
performs the same parsing, formatting, and htmlText setting over and
over, and sometimes all of it works well, sometimes it displays garbage
and crashes, and sometimes it displas garbage and doesn't crash.

To help pin this down further I have it writing a log of the data I'm
setting the field's htmlText to, so that hopefully when it crashes I can
see if it's due to badly-formed HTML.

Oddly enough, I've only had once instance in which bad-looking data
would up in the log.  In all other cases it writes well to the log, even
if I see garbage in the field on screen.

Do any of you folks know of specific issues in which setting or getting
htmlText will cause a crash?  I couldn't find anything related to this
in Bugzilla....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation