[ANN] Blog Research Project 1.0

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Sun Jan 9 22:59:15 EST 2005

Hi folks,

Since today I took that cast of, I took the day of to make one simple
software and release it full of source to the community. As some might
know, I am involved with Blog clients and make some shareware cash out
of it. Today, I've re-implemented in Rev my old iBlog program, it was
first done in RealBASIC years ago, it took me about a month. In Rev it
took me some hours (of course, now I knew how to do the stuff). I used
to sell this app for five bucks, the Rev version is free for your
pleasure... since I plan to work more on this, I called the think "Blog
Research Project - client 1.0" (for theres also the server, but not
ready).

This software is a blog client for Blog systems that implement the
Blogger API 1.0. Almost all blog systems implement this standard, from
server tools like Movable Type, to blog portals like Blogger.com, all
support this spec. This spec is XML-RPC based and enable a client to
add, modify and remove posts from blogs, it also enable the user to
sets it's templates and data.

For this simple client, i've implemented only the calls needed for
posting. Anyone here interested in XML-RPC, XML or client/server
software might like this app. Also those that like blogs will be able
to post to their blogs from inside the Rev IDE. This also serve as an
example to the Fourth World Article "beyond the browser" for anyone can
compare the easiness of using this rich client to the awkward
experience of using Blogger or Movable Type HTML interface.

To use this app you just browse to my space in revOnline (my user is
soapdog). Also if funnier if you have your own account on a blog system
but this is not needed for the stack comes packed with a "demo account"
setup that uses Blogger.com and a username that I just created for it.
Anyone wishing to see the result of using this stack to post to the
demo user just point your browser to http://eatownhaggis.blogspot.com

Just try, launch the app, type something, press POST! then press "Open
blog" and see the result!!!! you can also set your own account in
blogger and start bloggin for yourself! Feel free to send me comments!

Cheers
andre

--
Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004