from list to card via double click

Bob Hartley rev at armbase.com
Sun Jan 9 17:04:32 EST 2005

Hi All.

My wee database tutorial work is stuck again. (no great shakes there) :-).

I have button that sticks the text fo a field item into a list ItemList.

The script is this and works perfectly...

on mouseup
   repeat with n = 1 to the number of cds in this stack
     put fld "Item" of cd n & return after theList
   end repeat
   delete last char of theList -- clear trailing return
   put theList into fld "ItemList"
end mouseup

Now that i have my list I can sort it using

on mouseUp
   sort lines of field "ItemList" by word 1 of each
end mouseUp

This works perfectly...

Now what I want to do is to double click on a list entry and go to the card
that produced this entry.

I can't see how this si done. Searched the docs and the list archive
without any clear answer.

Lots of clues though... linktext etc

Any Ideas folks.

Cheers