revGoURL problem

Andrew Sharp asharp at salesconcepts.com
Wed Jan 5 13:56:13 EST 2005

I am still fairly new to Revolution but according to everything I have read
this should work.

on mouseUp
   put "mailto:"&fld "eMail" into theMailAddress
   revGoURL theMailAddress
   if the result <>"" then answer the result
end mouseUp

There is a valid email address in field "eMail"

I have tried this with both revMail and revGoURL. Instead of opening my
email program, it opens my browser with an http address
followed by my mailto address.

This is the address I get in my browser: http://mailto:someone@somewhere.com/

I have tried setting the default mail program to Outlook and Eudora and
back again but neither work.

The same stack works fine on OS X but I can't get this to work on my XP
machine.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew