Convert Rev app to run inside browser

Frank D. Engel, Jr. fde101 at fjrhome.net
Tue Jan 4 13:24:32 EST 2005

Most of those technologies are specifically designed to *prevent*
programmers from doing those things.  If just anyone could provide a
browser app to do all that, any site you visited could randomly install
viruses and spyware without restriction.

Now some browsers (given sufficient Java support) could have Java code
capable of doing *some* of these things, but (if properly configured)
would restrict code downloaded from a web site from doing them.
Depending on the browser, it either will fail to work, or it will
prompt the user and ask what to do.  Some browsers can be configured to
ask sometimes and not others...

Attempting to do these things through a web browser is a bad idea.
Your client should probably rethink this project.

A better solution would be to make an application  to do these things
(possibly your existing solution) available as a download from a web
site.  Make sure the user knows what's going on, though.