changing object's location causing long delays

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat Jan 1 23:18:08 EST 2005

On 1/1/05 6:17 PM, "Nicolas Cueto" <nrkweto03 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Any ideas why there would be a long processing delay (about 15 seconds)
> whenever I use the mouse to move any non-hidden object on a card? By
> contrast, there is no significant delay if I use keyboard arrow-keys instead
> to move the same object, nor if I do any other types of changes to the same
> card, such as to the scripts, properties or adding objects.

Can I assume this is in the IDE and not in a standalone? If so, I'd
recommend attempting the same action in a standalone and if it is very fast,
then the reason is the IDE's attempt to keep track of all the objects.

Just my 2 cents,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/