Writing

Marian Petrides mpetrides at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 1 12:41:15 EST 2005

Here's an example of how you would do this as part of a button handler,
assuming the field you wanted the text to appear in was named "Field":

on mouseUp
   put "This is a test" into field "Field"
end mouseUp

If you wanted the text to display on a line other than the first line
of the field the statekment would read:

put "This is a test" into line 2 of field "Field"

And, if you wanted the text to display as soon as the card is
displayed, then you would place the put statement into an on OpenCard
handler either at card level or stack level (latter if it were to
appear in this field on every card in the stack).

HTH

Marian