2 questions

Rob Meijer robmeyer at hetnet.nl
Mon Feb 28 12:05:15 EST 2005

Frank and everybody
Thank you very much. I have read the topics, but being a recrute on the
revolutionary field,
it still is too difficult fior me. Moreover RevDoc has a lack of good and
practical examples,
so I have to find my way with trial and error.

Nevertheless I have 2 questions.
I builded a stack and a substack. The substack "frontpage" is larger than
the mainstack:
I call the stack that opens "the mainstack". Right? The mainstack is called
"pages".
On the frontpage there is a field "content", registering the name of each
page, everytime
the frontpage is entered.The "frontpage" has a larger size than the cards
in "pages".

To execute the registering of the pages, there is a handler called
"fillfield" in the stackscript.
Because this handler has to become active when entering the frontpage, I
put "send fillfield"
in the cardscript of "frontpage" with on opencard:
This handler does not react when entering the Frontpage.

The only way to get the handler active is to put "send fillfield" in a
navigationbutton of the
pages.

How to call a handler in a substack?

Question 2.
In the stackscript I wrote:
function content
   return "field" &&quote&content&quote&& "of stack" &&quote&frontpage&quote
end content
returning: field "content" of stack "frontpage"

The number of lines in field  "content" = 89
but: put the number of lines of content()  puts 1
but: put the number of lines of field "content" of stack "frontpage"   puts 89

What did I do wrong with the function function.

Thanks
Rob