ANN: PlCard library and a smaple "Pyramid" game

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Mon Feb 28 17:24:01 EST 2005

PlCard is a library designed to support building card games (or Playing
Card games, since "card" is so confusing in the context of Rev).

It contains images for the cards themselves, and a number of functions
and handlers to manipulate them.

This is an ALPHA release (i.e. I haven't written the documentation yet
:-)   It's also only been tested on Windows (2000 and XP); I'd be
particularly interested to hear whether and how it works on Mac or Unix.

I haven't figured out the best way to handle libraries and applications
in the context of RevOnline, so for now I have simply bundled the
library into the sample game; later it will probably be available
separately.

It's on RevOnline under Games / Pyramid   or under username
"alextweedly" / Pyramid

In theory, the game is obvious and self-explanatory ..... let me know if
it's not, or let me know of any problems.  The basic rules for Pyramid
can be found in almost any collection of Patience games - for example
http://www.semicolon.com/Solitaire/Rules/PyramidRules.html

It's very simple - partly because I haven't yet decided whether to make
scoring, high scores, player names, etc. part of the PlCard library or a
separate one - so for now you just play without anything more in the way
of a score than a simple running total.

Thanks
-- Alex.