Split command key order

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Feb 28 16:54:02 EST 2005

I know that the "combine" command will yield a list that is not in any
particular order. However, I always thought the "split" command would
split out the keys in the order of the original list.

I am getting some odd results on this though. Most of the time it works,
  but some of the time I appear to get a random order. Before I start
debugging the problem -- which could very well be in my scripts
somewhere -- I was wondering if anyone else has noticed whether the
split command can give non-ordered keys?

I am not providing a secondary delimiter to the split command. I want
the split data to give me a numbered array with key 1 being the first
line of the original list, key 2 the second line, etc.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com