Quicktime Auto-Install ?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Feb 28 13:49:47 EST 2005

On 2/28/05 5:30 AM, Klaus Major wrote:

> Hi Richmond,
>
>> I know that it is very easy to have a RR program run a
>> Quicktime detection routine: however what I don't know how
>> to do, or whether it is possible, is then to have the RR
>> program auto-install QT if QT is not present on the
>> platform.
>

> sure, no problem!
>
> Put the installer into a folder and simply launch it...

But be sure to check out Apple's licensing policies for QuickTime
distribution. They are very explicit and have so many rules and
restrictions that in many cases it is not practical. I have a client who
had to give up the idea after contacting Apple's licensing department,
as the requirements were not do-able for a small developer.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com