Passing UTF-8 through variables

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sun Feb 27 23:19:50 EST 2005

On Feb 27, 2005, at 7:11 PM, Sivakatirswami wrote:

> I am *way* out of my depth here..

Does this fix the file?

on mouseUp
   put "/Volumes/Varuna/Books/LWS Pocketbook/lws_pocket_book utf-8.xml"
into oldFile
   put "/Volumes/Varuna/Books/LWS Pocketbook/test utf-8.xml" into newFile
   put URL ("binfile:" & oldFile) into oldData
   put unidecode(uniencode(oldData), "UTF8") into newData
   put newData into URL ("binfile:" & newFile)
end mouseUp

I just typed it up off the top of my head, so you may have to fiddle
with it.

If it works, that should give you a clue as to what to do in output in
the index app.

Dar