how to remove blank lines from table

Rich Lague laguer at ucs.orst.edu
Sun Feb 27 23:08:59 EST 2005

How do you get rid of extra lines at the end of a list when that list
comes from a table field?

I’m working on an app where the user puts a bunch of stuff in a table
field. The list that is generated is then used in a variety of ways,
and to make it very readable I have a script that puts a dash inbetween
  the items from each of the table fields. So you get this kind of thing:

thing1-thing2-thing3

Everything worked but at the end of my list I got many lines of:

- - - -
- - - -
- - - -

So, it appeared that I had a bunch of extra lines after my list that
were coming from my table field.

First I tried this on the table field:
   filter field “tTable” with "?*"

That didn’t work. So, next I tried putting the table field into a
varible:

put fld "daTable" into tList

Then I tried the filter trick on that:

	filter tList with "?*"

Again, it did not work.

The “filter with “?*” works on other containers, why not table fields?
What is the correct way to remove blank lines, (particularly at the
end,) of table fields?

Thanks!

Rich Lague