How to safely set the icon of a button ?

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sun Feb 27 18:02:10 EST 2005

Ken Ray wrote:

>On 2/27/05 1:26 PM, "Alex Tweedly" <alex at tweedly.net> wrote:
>

>>>The icon is the short ID or short name of the image to use for the
>>>current application's dock icon. The icon of a button or stack is also
>>>a short name or ID of an image.
>>>

>>Note - it's the *SHORT* name - so in my case the one that goes wrong is
>>image "s1" (for Dreamcard 2.5), or "hq" (for Rev 2.2)
>>
>>It seems unlikely that any Rev stack has images called "s1" and "hq" -
>>though it might be possible.
>>
>>Any suggestions for how I can tell what's happening ?
>>

>My understanding is that the icon *has* to be identified by ID (i.e. it is
>stored that way). Although it seems you can set it using a name, I've never
>done that before. I'm sure what you have is an ID conflict. What ID number
>does the button use for itms image?

When I set it to "s1", and look in the inspector, .....
If I do it in the app it has 1531 - and displays the Dreamcard splash.
If I do this *in* the library stack, it has 1531, and displays as my image.
If I do it in the app in Rev 2.2.1 it also has 1531, and it works (i.e.
displays my image).

If I do this all in Rev 2.2.1, and set it to "hq", the inspector shows
1528 and it displays the Rev image.
Again, doing this *in* the library stack in Rev 2.2.1 also shows 1528,
and displays my image.