translation ready, more questions

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Sun Feb 27 15:16:55 EST 2005

>I have no idea what to do with a substack: can I declare the
>mainstack as card 1 and use the substack for the other pages
>with different size and how do you stick them together?  Is there
>something to read about it online?

If you need to support multiple views of your data, it is usually a
good idea to separate storage and display. You can, for example, keep
data in custom properties or in a data stack (or external text or
database file) and use substacks (they are just normal stacks except
that they are in the same file as a mainstack -- read about this in
docs -- to have only a single file to handle) to display the data. If
your data is a database-type data, you could have one stack to
display columnar report and another to view one record at a time.

>I think I explained it not clear enough: Sometimes while working
>there is such a mass, that I want to reopen to go back to the last
>save.
>So I do an exit with "don't save".
>But when I reopen I see the same mass....

It is still the same. Try quiting Rev to prove it to yourself. Altuit
has a plugin that makes versioning (and thus rolling back) easy.

>Right; but after "Delete last line of field "xxx" " the line
>disappearesd, but not the space between text and place of the
>deleted line;
>because after a new "put return & textline after field "xxx", the
>new line is positioned under the position of the disappeared line .
>that's why I wrote I want the cursor back behind the org. text.

Sounds like field's scroll is not updated if there is really nothing
funky about the field content. I would first check for invisible
characters, then try to reset scroll.

>I mean I want all textlines left, no automatic block identation.
>From there I want to do block indentations manually:
>In TB we use for that <Ctrl>+<tab> for indent right of a selected block
>or <Ctrl>+<Shft>+<tab> for indent left. No such way in RunRev?

Not that I know of. What's wrong with automatic indentation? It seems
to work fine.

Robert