translation ready, more questions

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Sun Feb 27 06:20:10 EST 2005

>My translation is ready and above all: it works.
>Rest some questions:
>
>1. I want to change the size of card 1, but not the size of other
>cards. Not possible?

Yes and no. All cards in the stack have the same size at any given
time. One can use preopencard to resize window when opening any card.
For example, a size of each card can be stored as a custom property
of a card, which is then used by the preopencard handler to adjust
the size. However, one normally uses substacks to have them
permanently different.

>2. if I reopen a stack after close NOT SAVE, everything is saved. Huh?

If you quit Rev and relaunch, you will likely find the unsaved values
as you expect them. Part of the Rev's performance is that it leaves
closed stack in memory. This allows it to be reopened super fast.
Most people simulate multiwindow environment by opening a closing
stacksrather than hiding them (which requires tracking what is open
and what is hidden), so this behavior works really well. What you see
is a side-effect: the last state is preserved so do speak. You can
try setting the destroyStack and destroyWindows properties to true,
although I am not sure whether these will help you. Normally, one
would use preopencard to fill in the fields with the current
(expected) values, values themselves kept,for example, in custom
properties.

>3. I put return & a textline after last line of a field.
>     I delete last  line of that field.
>     The line is deleted, not the space between the org. text and
>that last line.

when you say 'delete last line of fld xxx' there can't be any space
left unless you have multiple returns before the last line or the
newlast line has spaces only. Or am I missing something?

>     How to get the cursor behind the last char of the org. text??

select after text of fld xxx

>4. is there a way to arrange lines in the scripts with textalignment left
>     how to make indents right or left in the script

I am not sure I follow what you mean. Script editor uses the left
alignment and block indentation automatically. If you refer to the
new lines you type, close and reopen the editor.

Robert