unlimited undo's for text fields

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sat Feb 26 15:07:10 EST 2005

On Feb 26, 2005, at 12:43 PM, Wouter wrote:

> One of the things that caused the error you mentioned is  the not so
> uniform transplatform behaviour of commands like rawkeydown in this
> case.
> A little test showed a big difference between mac and win32 platform.
> The modifier keys, the shift and capslock keys are not triggering a
> rawkeydown message on the mac-side. But they do on the win32 platform.
> If the people at RR could make this behavior more uniform between
> platforms it would enhance crossplatformity

This and related functions use keysyms.  I get the impression that
standards (if any) are weak, but what there is Revolution should follow
and clarify & make uniform what is not.  If the keysym traditions and
standards are too weak, then Revolution should create its own and
follow that across platforms, even when some odd corner is hard to
implement on some platforms.

Dar