First selection in a drawer

Bruce Lewis lewisbruce at rogers.com
Sat Feb 26 13:08:21 EST 2005

I would like to press a button to open a stack as a drawer and then have
the next keystrokes type into a field on the drawer.

The card script contains:

on opencard
  select text of field "SearchFld"
end opencard

If I open the stack as a palette, the text in field "SearchFld" is selected
and typing automatically replaces it.

If I open the stack as a drawer, the text is highlighted and appears to be
selected. But keystrokes do not affect it. If the cursor is in a field in
the top stack, keystrokes continue to go that field. If the cursor is not
in a field, the keystrokes just disappear.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards,

Bruce

--