ANN: Bouncing Ball Tools

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Sat Feb 26 09:30:09 EST 2005

>Recently, Jim Hurley  wrote:
>
>>  I got intrigued with simulations, all kinds. Recently I have
>>  taken up bouncing balls. And I am having a hard time letting go.
>>  go url  http://home.infostations.net/jhurley/BouncingBallTools.rev
>
>Ironically, you *gotta* let go for the thing to work. :-)
>
>This is really fun stuff -- thanks Jim.  More ideas for us to develop
>games...
>
>(BTW, on two of the cards, the ball "escaped" through the bottom left corner
>of the card, maybe some kind of X = 0 or Y > height of the card thing.)
>
>Regards,
>
>Scott Rossi

Scott,

Thanks for the info.

I can't afford to lose balls. Do you recall which were the offending
cards? There were only 3 that would be candidates: First, and the
last two cards, the seventh and eighth.

(I let it run for several minutes and no ball went over the wall, but
I did note tracings that penetrated the barrier at the bottom, that
is, the horizontal line a distance R  (the radius of the ball) above
the bottom of the window. Hard to reproduce these some-times
occurrences.)

Jim