News of Shafer eBook Publication Plans

Lynch, Jonathan BNZ2 at CDC.GOV
Fri Feb 25 09:45:42 EST 2005

Aren't there small-scale publishers that specialize in per item
printing? Basically, you send them a pdf of the book, and a list of
customers with addresses. They print the book on a double-sided printer,
bind it on one of those spiral binding machines, and mail it out to the
customer.

I know it costs more per item than large-scale printing, but is still
not outrageous.

Dan, I'd be happy to try to find such a company for you, if you have not
already considered this possibility. You can always pursue both
approaches - and only publish the book form when someone actually orders
a book.

Cheers,

Jonathan

-----Original Message-----
From: use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com
[mailto:use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com] On Behalf Of Eddie Boyd
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 2:28 AM
To: How to use Revolution
Subject: Re: News of Shafer eBook Publication Plans

Glad to hear about this but I only just ordered Volume 1 yesterday!

Pity about the lack of print publishing as I like to read manuals
AWAY from the computer.

I would hope the Runtime people will consider forming some of the
more basic booklets into a users guide as the current documentation
is OK for reference but not much good for example and inspiration.

Regards

Eddie