sharedscripts

Rob Meijer robmeyer at hetnet.nl
Fri Feb 25 00:31:43 EST 2005

Ken,
I am defenitely sure that you are right. I am
a newbie in Revolution and for each statement
I am translating I have to browse the helpfile,
so most of the time I am orientating.
Moreover the first exercise I am doing is translating
one of my Toolbook applications from OpenScript
to Transscript and I took the simplest app. of course.
So no ActiveX, no DHTML, no SharedUser, just native
programming.

I think it would be very much misplaced to criticize
Transscript after such a short time.
Maybe later, if I decide to keep working in Rev., and
have more experience in it, I will post a list of things.

For now let me tell you that using "=" for 'set to'
or 'put into' makes editing simpler.
The same for If...then: why not simply if.

BTW:
I translated "Open Anything" to OpenScript.
Here you encounter the power of 32 bit.
Reading a textfile of less than 32000 chars
REV is much faster than TB.
Over 32000 chars TB has a problem, Rev not.

Greetings
Rob

robmeyer at hetnet.nl
www.japrosoft.com