Rev 2.5 and OSX 10.1

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Feb 24 19:33:48 EST 2005

Recently, curry  wrote:

> It's hard to believe, and a bit troubling, that the majority of
> suggestions for me to upgrade. I'm sure this is meant well, but it's
> not relevant. When I posted that I thought surely this is obvious
> enough to need no long and drawn-out explanation

One question that would be worth asking is, do the Rev folks in fact support
10.1, or is the 10.0.3 a holdover spec that fell through the cracks as the
Rev engine and the Rev Web site have been updated.  It may be that they
don't officially support it.

As far as the suggestions to upgrade go, the responses may not be relevant
but are based on the fact that system 10.1 and versions thereabouts are
often unstable, unreliable, buggy, or at the least in a state of transition.
It's not that folks don't care Rev support here, it's the fact that no one
wants to work on an outdated version of the OS where you can't be sure about
what is crashing what.

I personally agree with you that provided support should follow stated
support, but how do plan to answer users of your software when they complain
about crashes that are due to the OS and not your programming?  At a certain
point, there is threshold to cross when supporting a previous OS is just not
worth the time and effort.  If that is the case here, the Rev guys should of
course acknowledge the fact in the specs.  But it sounds like you've entered
a bug report so they may be on this.

Best Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director