sharedscripts

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Feb 23 19:13:04 EST 2005

On 2/23/05 1:09 PM, Rob Meijer wrote:

> Goodday
> I am a newbie in Revolution, being in the trialperiod.

I'm glad you came to the list. Welcome. :)

> In themy resting 19 days I try to translate a Toolbook
> application to Revolution language.
> The TB-app is written by myself. I work with TB for 18 years
> and have some experience with TB.
>
> In my app there is a listfield, each line corresponding
> with a card; the listfield has several functions:
> go to a card, change textline and name of card, delete
> textline and card etc.

What determines which action the field takes? Does the user press a
control key, or right-click on the list, or what?

> In Toolbook I can use for this someting in the script  like:
> my script=script of button "navigate" (or whatelse),
> or
> my script=sharedscript "navigate"
> but in Revolution a statement like that cannot
> be used while the script is running.
>
> Has anybody an idea.

I think it would be helpful if you could post your Toolbook field script
-- or part of it -- so that we can see what you want to do. There are so
many different ways to use Transcript, I think we need to see what you
are trying to accomplish so that we can give you the best answer.

It sounds to me like what you want may be a branching control structure,
something like this:

on mouseUp tBtn
   if the tBtn = 3 then
     doThingsForRightClick