sharedscripts

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Wed Feb 23 14:24:58 EST 2005

Rob,

I never used Toolbook so I am guessing here. One thing you can use to
share scripts is grouping the controls and using a group script. Or if
you build a script library in a stack and want to add those scripts to
your stack, you can use "start using" to add the scripts to the message
path.

this are the basic ways of sharing scripts I think, other way is thru
backscripts and frontscripts but they are more complex for they have
more uses than simple script sharing.

As for the diffs between Rev and Dreamcard, as I understand, dreamcard
is not able to produce standalones that's all, you need dreamcard
player to distribute your stacks. You can always upgrade to Rev later
and compile your dreamcard stacks...

andre
On Feb 23, 2005, at 4:09 PM, Rob Meijer wrote:

> Goodday
> I am a newbie in Revolution, being in the trialperiod.
> In themy resting 19 days I try to translate a Toolbook
> application to Revolution language.
> The TB-app is written by myself. I work with TB for 18 years
> and have some experience with TB.
>
> In my app there is a listfield, each line corresponding
> with a card; the listfield has several functions:
> go to a card, change textline and name of card, delete
> textline and card etc.
> In Toolbook I can use for this someting in the script  like:
> my script=script of button "navigate" (or whatelse),
> or
> my script=sharedscript "navigate"
> but in Revolution a statement like that cannot
> be used while the script is running.
>
> Has anybody an idea.
>
> Next question:
> How far goes the use of Dreamcard. What is the difference
> with Revolution exactly ? Can I develop a complete stack
> like a Toolbook-book, or do I need Revolution?
>
> Thanks very much
> Rob
>

> robmeyer at hetnet.nl
> www.japrosoft.com