OT: RealBASIC and MS

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Tue Feb 22 20:04:11 EST 2005

Wow. That's one of the most egregious violations of the patent process
I've seen and I've seen a bunch of them.

I read the column your link pointed to and the author of that column
made an intriguing point. He says that in the patent app itself,
Microsoft cites Borland's Delphi -- an object-oriented Pascal
development environment -- as a BASIC-derived language?

Niklaus Wirth (the inventor of Pascal) must be laughing his socks off.

Dan