Machine() function not showing Mac?

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Tue Feb 22 15:06:13 EST 2005

>On Feb 22, 2005, at 9:54 AM, Frank Leahy wrote:
>
>>The machine() function is certainly a call into the Mac Toolbox,
>>and if that doesn't have an entry for your machine, then it returns
>>"unknown".  RunRev can't do any better than that.
>
>Yeah, I keep thinking that a Revolution function like machine() is a
>function that meets the spec in the doc, rather than a sugar coating
>for an OS call that might not be available in some environments.
>
>Dar

But if it is not support on some OS, it should be documented so. I
just checked that I get 'unknown' with engine 2.4.1 under OS 10.2 as
well.  It is strange, though, that OSX would not support it. The
toolbox surely has gestalt functions. May be there is a glitch in the
OSX engine. Someone (the original poster) should bugzilla this so RR
people can sort it out and either fix or document.

Robert