Making "Wells": Whose Control Is It Anyway?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Feb 22 13:09:20 EST 2005

MisterX wrote:
> Stack IDs are variable by the way... Never count on
> them! This is a big limitation for end users which I
> hope RunRev will fix.

Stack IDs are variable by design.  They are potentially useful in only
rare cases, and the recommended method to refer to stacks is to use the
long name, which is always unique.

In order to have an ID system which generated a unique ID for all stacks
it would have to keep track of all stacks and substacks on all computers
used by all users worldwide in real time.

I'd prefer they spend their time addressing request #624.  Much higher
ROI potential. :)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation