noob questions

Mikey mikeythek at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 19:51:03 EST 2005

I guess I'm looking more for traditional documentation rather than an
online syntax reference.  In order to learn anything from the latter,
one must scan the command list, which doesn't really talk about design
stuff or give an overview of various functions.  I've gone through the
movies and their manuals, but they appear to be more overviews.

So I ask again, where are the manuals?  I have yet to see a tool that
doesn't have manuals available for inspection in a pre-sale mode.

> > 6) Report writer - not included with the demo, need to know more.
> Report writing is not a strength with Rev. You can do some basic stuff
> and, with some serious scripting, some not-so-basic stuff. But serious
> reporting will require a third party add-on. There isn't one in release
> yet but one of our stalwart members is close to releasing a dynamite
> product that works better than Reports for HyperCard ever did.

Are you referring to the Reports product from 9-5, or from the
reporting functions built into HC?

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."