use-revolution Digest, Vol 17, Issue 64

Karen Karen at curlypaws.com
Mon Feb 21 12:53:11 EST 2005

On 21/2/05 5:00pm, Signe Marie wrote:
> Try: set textFont of char 1 to -1 of fld.......  (char -1 = last char)
> set textSize of char 1 to -1 of fld.......
> set textStyle of char 1 to -1 of fld.......
>
> For these 3 text attributes you can set the attributes for chunks, whereas
> for textHeight you just set it for the whole field.

Bob and Signe Marie,

Thanks very much for your advice.

Bob, well spotted - unfortunately the mistake was only in my transcribing of
the code - the real code uses tFontName/tFontSize in both places...

Signe Marie, thanks for your suggestion, unfortunately trying setting char 1
to -1 didn't appear to have an effect either.  I guess I'm doing something
else wrong...

Is there some way in Revolution to set up a global variable such that both
the "Text Change" main stack and the "Select Font" substack can both access
it?  That would allow me to set the variable in the substack and then
retrieve it in the main stack.

Thanks,

Karen