Passing information between cards

Karen Karen at curlypaws.com
Mon Feb 21 07:03:01 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to build my first little application in Revolution on Mac OS X.
It uses styled text, and I have the font type/size/colour/style available in
drop-down menus.  However, I'd quite like to have a separate window that
copied the typical Apple Cocoa font setting dialog, which has a font and
size list, a size field and a preview of the result.  I have created a
separate card within my application that does this, but I'm struggling with
how to take the font choices from this card and apply them back to the main
card.

The main card has the field "edtText" which is where the styled text is.  On
the secondary card, I set gFontName and gFontSize to hold the font name and
size, as determined by the users choice from the various fields.  What I
have tried is:

set textFont of field "edtText" of card id 1002 of stack "Text Change" to
tFontName
set textSize of field "edtText" of card id 1002 of stack "Text Change" to
tFontSize

(I'd like to just do this with the selectedChunk, but I'm taking it a step
at a time!).  This doesn't have any effect on the text in the field.  I'm
guessing that my syntax is wrong, but I wondered if anyone was able to help?

Thanks very much,

Karen