MouseLeave and linked text question: 2nd try

Mark Swindell mdswindell at charter.net
Sat Feb 19 12:07:17 EST 2005

Thanks, Rob.

The message watcher shows only a mouseMove being generated either upon
gliding over linked text, or upon moving off it.  However, the
following mouseLeave handler changes the background color of the linked
text upon moving off of it.   Which makes me confused, since I don't
see the message generated, and because the second part of this same
script (the repeat section) only triggers when the mouse actually
leaves the field rectangle.  (BTW, I got this hilite/unhilite script
from the Cookbook... the repeat I made up because I need it to act on
other related hilited text in two other corresponding fields.)

Mark

on mouseLeave
   -- unhighlight any currently highlighted text:
   if storedHilitedChunk is not empty then
     do "set the backgroundColor of" && \
         storedHilitedChunk && "to empty"
     put empty into storedHilitedChunk
   end if

   repeat with y = 1 to 3
     repeat with x = 1 to the number of lines of field y
       set the backgroundColor of line x of field y to empty
     end repeat
   end repeat

   pass mouseLeave
end mouseLeave