Printing in landscape -- can't be done on mac OS X

Bill bill at bluewatermaritime.com
Sat Feb 19 11:56:00 EST 2005

I see why no one answered my question. It is already answered in the help
file:

To print in landscape mode, set the printRotated to true before printing:

  set the printRotated to true
  print card "My Card"

  Note: The printRotated property has no effect on Mac OS and OS X systems.
To print in landscape mode on Mac OS or OS X, use the answer printer or
revShowPrintDialog command to display the Page Setup dialog box before
printing, then choose the Landscape option in the dialog box.

In other words if you are using Mac OS X you cannot automatically switch
between landscape and portrait mode although this makes me wonder...how do
programs that automatically do this like acrobat pro manage to do it?

On 2/19/05 11:46 AM, "Bill" <bill at bluewatermaritime.com> wrote:

> I Found out that I can manually set the page set-up to "landscape" and then
>
> on mouseup
>    set the printmargins to 0,0,0,0
>    open printing with dialog
> -- reverse width with height
>    print card from 0,0 to 692,612
>    close printing
> end mouseup
>
> This works but setting the mode manually to landscape and the back to
> portait manually is time consuming. Is there some way to automate this in
> the scrpipt?
>

> On 2/18/05 7:08 PM, "Bill" <bill at bluewatermaritime.com> wrote:
>

>> I have a stack that is smaller than an 8.5 by 11 sheet of paper
>> (it is 728 pixels by 636). I presently put png images which are several
>> thousand pixels wide by height (to get the resolution) and told to be 612 by
>> 792 and "locked" in with the size and position panel.
>>
>> I then print them with the following button:
>>
>> on mouseup
>>   -- printMargins left,top,right,bottom
>>
>>   set the printmargins to 0,0,0,0
>>   open printing with dialog
>>   print card from 0,0 to 612,792
>>   close printing
>>
>> end mouseup
>>
>> This works fine except now I want to print some forms that are landscape and
>> putting them on with width 792 and height 612 (so they will be right side up
>> and not sidewise) prints only as much wide as will fit on the paper.
>>
>> How in mac os x do I get the printing to come out in landscape and thus get
>> the whole form?
>>
>> By the way this method gives me very clear 300 dot per inch printing on my
>> laser printer but is a little slower than ideal (takes several seconds).

>             |    |    |
>            )_)  )_)  )_)
>           )___))___))___)\
>          )____)____)_____)\\