User Application Support folder on OS X?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Feb 18 16:43:12 EST 2005

In my program I have some "current user" specific stack files that get
updated while using the app.  On Windows I stored these in the users
application data folder.  On Mac I want to store them in the users
Application Support folder (~/Library/Application Support).

The problem is that I can't get specialFolderPath to return this
folder.  If you use specialFolderPath("asup") then you get the system
Application Support folder (/Library/Application Support).  It seems
that Revolution passes the system domain to FSFindFolder by default.

For the time being I've resorted to storing the stacks in the user pref
folder but it pains me to do so.  So does anybody know if it is
possible to get system folders using shell?  If not then I will have to
write a little external to do this.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia