change label name

Bob Hartley rev at armbase.com
Thu Feb 17 16:38:24 EST 2005

Hi All.
I have a button that copies a label from one stack to another stack.

the code changes the name OK but I want to change the visible text in the
label.

the code is
on mouseUp
   global tFileName
   copy field "LabelName" of stack "Armbase" to card 1 of stack tFileName
   set the name of field LabelName of stack tFileName to field LabelNewName
of stack "Armbase"
   --the above is OK and copies the label and changes its name to the
contents of a field
   set the label of field LabelName of stack tFileName to field
LabelNewName of stack "Armbase"
--this one above generates an error
end mouseUp

I tried using the words contents and name etc in thelast line but without
any luck.

Any ideas. I'm sure this is simple.

cheers
bob