MySQL and Mac OS 9

jbv jbv.silences at Club-Internet.fr
Thu Feb 17 16:26:38 EST 2005

Alister,

That's really interesting : several months ago,
when trying to have an OS9 standalone connected
to mySQL, I remember installing the MYSQL
library in the same folder as the standalone, but
it didn't work... How did you come to the conclusion
that the "Valentina_Classic"  library should also be
in the standalone directory ?

BTW I found that the solution I used (cgi requests to
Rev cgi 2.5 connected to mySQL) offers a few
benefits :
- more filtering possibilities on requests
- when delivering successive versions of an app to a
client, no need to take care of installing libraries...

JB