[OT] Understanding Codecs

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Thu Feb 17 14:41:43 EST 2005

Trevor....

I've been diving deeply into QT technology since this exchange and
wanted to let you know that I looked closely at the Ensharpen codec.
Very nice. Easy to see why RR chose to use it for their movies. I'm
going to buy the encoder and experiment with it. I need to find a
cleaner way of distributing the decoder for my client's extremely
unsavvy audience, but I suspect that won't be too hard to figure out.
You don't happen to have written a Rev function that does this
semi-automagically, do you? :-D

Dan (who is always looking to steal...er *adapt*...other peoples' code)