Introducing our new Evangelist

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Thu Feb 17 14:06:06 EST 2005

This is one of the most encouraging moves I've seen RunRev make in the
years I've been working with the product and the company.

First, in recognizing the need for and value of an evangelist.

Second, in hiring the perfect guy for the job.

My book, "Software at the Speed of Thought," would not exist without
Ro. Period. When I first had the idea, he contacted me and encouraged,
cajoled, begged, pleaded, and attempted to bribe me. (Ro, you still owe
me a box of homemade, chocolate-covered Macadamia nuts, you piker!)

Like many others on this list, I knew Ro back in the HyperCard days
when he was THE MAN in publishing and marketing third-party products
for the Mac. He and Ray Heizer and David Gewirtz showed tremendous
devotion to and support for the HyperCommunity in countless ways, many
of them designed not to profit their own companies directly but rather
to raising the level of the water for all the boats in the HyperHarbor.
(Sorry. Getting a little hyper here.)

I count Ro as a good friend on many levels and I could not be happier
to have him take on this new mantle. It makes me feel even better about
the best damn development platform on the planet, period.

Welcome, Ro.

Now get to work, dammit!

Dan